Position Type: Full Time
Location: Remote (We’re HQ’d in Baltimore, Maryland)
At Trackwell, we’re solving the biggest problem in cannabis: the consumer’s ability to have a predictable and enjoyable experience with their cannabis products.
Our flagship product is our mobile app (iOS + Android) that recently launched in private beta in Maryland, USA. The Trackwell app helps users keep track of their experiences with legal cannabis products, learns their tastes and preferences, and uses that data to recommend effective products to them. We like to describe it as “Yelp meets Instagram for Cannabis.”
Our company is funded by our founder and Seed investors and is on track to raise a much larger round of funding later this year. We’re currently focused on achieving product-market-fit and acquiring as many users and brands in our pilot market.
About the opportunity
We’re looking for a Senior Front-end Engineer to lead our front-end web development. This is an important role because our complete data catalog and content management system are managed through our React website.
Trackwell’s technology consists of three main components:
- The Trackwell mobile app (iOS + Android via React Native).
- A custom web-based admin interface, used both internally and by our business customers who provide us with data for our product catalog.
- A back-end that uses Node.js (Typescript), Prisma, and GraphQL to support all data flow.
In the role, you can expect to:
- Report directly to the CEO, Mike Brenner, an experienced entrepreneur with an engineering and product background, and be responsible for building out features based on our priority backlog.
- Collaborate with mobile app developers and back-end engineers who also build out features and are already responsible for all aspects of our DevOps configurations.
- Drive continuous improvement of our product stability through testing, continuous integration, and staged releases.
What We’re Looking For
- Strong experience creating highly customized dashboards with React Admin, a frontend Framework for building B2B applications running in the browser on top of REST/GraphQL APIs, using ES6, React and Material UI.
- Familiar with relational databases and other types of data stores.
- Communicate fluently in English and can express your thoughts clearly in writing.
- You’ve contributed to the React Admin core project!
- You seek feedback early and often and are not afraid to ask for help.
- You care about the user experience people have while interacting with a tool.
- You enjoy working closely with your peers and proactively seek to help others.
- You are the maintainer of an open-source project.
- You’re a fan of cannabis! (Obviously not a requirement though)
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway! We’re committed to a resume-free, blinded hiring process to select the most capable applicant for the role, regardless of gender, ethnicity, or years of experience. Instead, we designed a short (and hopefully interesting!) take-home test to introduce you to Trackwell and simulate the work you might do in the role, all completable in under an hour. We’ll review every submission and get back to you within a few days.
To apply, click the button below to get started with our assessment. If you have any questions about either the role or the test, you can reach us at oi.ll1664980671ewkca1664980671rt@sr1664980671eerac1664980671. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!