Position Type: Full Time
Location: Remote (We’re HQ’d in Baltimore, Maryland)
At Trackwell, we’re solving the biggest problem in cannabis: the consumer’s ability to have a predictable and enjoyable experience with their cannabis products.
Our flagship product is our mobile app (iOS + Android) that recently launched in public beta in Maryland, USA. The Trackwell app helps users keep track of their experiences with legal cannabis products, learns their tastes and preferences, and uses that data to recommend effective products to them. We like to describe it as “Yelp meets Instagram for Cannabis.”
Our company is funded by our founder and Seed investors and is on track to raise a much larger round of funding at the end of Q1 2022. We’re currently focused on achieving product-market-fit and acquiring as many users and brands in our pilot market.
About the opportunity
We’re looking for a Senior Mobile Engineer to lead our mobile app development. This is an important role because we are a mobile-first company and our mobile apps are the only way that users can interact with Trackwell.
Trackwell’s technology consists of three main components:
- The Trackwell mobile app, built on React Native (iOS: public beta – Android: to be released).
- A custom web-based admin interface, used both internally and by our business customers who provide us with data for our product catalog.
- A back-end that uses Node.js (Typescript), Prisma, and GraphQL to support all data flow.
In the role, you can expect to:
- Report directly to the CEO, Mike Brenner, an experienced entrepreneur with an engineering and product background, and be responsible for building out features based on our priority backlog.
- Collaborate with back-end engineers who build out features, queries, and mutations.
- Drive continuous improvement of our product stability through testing, continuous integration, and staged releases.
What We’re Looking For
- At least 3 years experience as a React Native developer, with an emphasis on functional component design. This includes the following specific tools and frameworks: React Native, REST/GraphQL APIs, Apollo Client, Firebase (Auth + Messaging), React Navigation, to name a few.
- Strong experience building for iOS- and Android-specific environments (you will be leading the release of our Android app!)
- Strong experience managing releases (we use Bitrise for our CI/CD) and writing unit tests.
- Communicate fluently in English and can express your thoughts clearly in writing.
- You’ve contributed to an open-source React Native package!
- You seek feedback early and often and are not afraid to ask for help.
- You care about the user experience people have while interacting with a tool.
- You enjoy working closely with your peers and proactively seek to help others.
- You are the maintainer of an open-source project.
- You’re a fan of cannabis! (Obviously not a requirement though)
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway! We’re committed to a resume-free, blinded hiring process to select the most capable applicant for the role, regardless of gender, ethnicity, or years of experience. Instead, we designed a short (and hopefully interesting!) take-home test to introduce you to Trackwell and simulate the work you might do in the role, all completable in under an hour. We’ll review every submission and get back to you within a few days.
To apply, click the button below to get started with our assessment. If you have any questions about either the role or the test, you can reach us at oi.ll1675068078ewkca1675068078rt@sr1675068078eerac1675068078. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!